Thursday, February 9, 2012

Workouts

Work outs. I know, I hate them. However, with recent developments (and all this damn college food), I think I need to start going to the gym.

But when I go, I don't want to be looking like a sad lost puppy, asking "What am I supposed to do?" I really find that's embrassing, considering the MANY people who frequent my school gym know exactly what they want to do and how to do it. I have been scouraging the internet, trying to find exercises for teens, and women. However, these searches seem to be futile.

Watching my roommate and her boyfriend do P90X, makes me think I really need to start working out and getting in shape for the summer. (Although, I seriously doubt I'll be going to anyones pool or beach. But we'll see.) I want to be in shape, which is a big difference from being thin.

When I tell people I need to work out, they look at me like I've lost my mind, especially my high school friends. I mean, whenever I would tell them that I'm out of shape or something in this category, I really think they thought I was lying. I may be thin, but that doesn't mean in shape. I'm okay, sure. But, I really want to get into a routine of working out. If I establish this routine now, then I can be in shape as I get older and gain weight. I don't wanna be 30 years old, looking severly out of shape or overweight. That's not even old enough to look that way!

Whenever I usually go to the gym, I get on the bikes or the treadmill, but that only works my legs. I want to work my abs especially, to get them flat. Its not a muffintop or pudgy or anything, but its something I want to work on.

Maybe I'll search some more and find something. =)

2 comments:

  1. lol…I support you! my goal was to look 20 at 30…besides what's the alternative? When people ask me why do I workout I ask…Why junk a Mercedes? Good for you, Bri! I believe we're cut from a different cloth..Cut those zeros…Eagles fly alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach! Thin does not mean healthy. It's a lifestyle. I'm almost 33 and being told thAt I did nit need to work out because I was thin has led to my inability to motivAte myself. Luckily I have two young bAbies that keep me active, otherwise my life would look pretty sedentary.

    ReplyDelete