Friday, December 16, 2011

Overexposed 2011 [No. 10]

***Hello again! Last post of today I promise. Um..quick updates in my personal life. (If you don't mind. Which I'm sure you don't. If you do.......your just rude.) I took 2 finals this morning/afternoon. I think I did pretty well on my food politics final. As for biology, I think I got most of the material right. The multiple choice got me a little bit, and the essay was a bit tricky, but all in all I think I did well. Lots of my friends are home already, and I can't wait to see them all! I come back home after everyone else: the 21st. But that's okay. Gives me a little space between today and my next final and then its on home for me! Also, if anyone cares: Chris Paul got traded to the Los Angeles Clippers and Kobe Bryant is getting a divorce. (I always thought that marriage was SET. Especially after his whole rape court case thingy, but I guess you never know what happens behind closed doors.)***

If you don't know, (and I'm going to tell you) I frequent Youtube a lot. Entirely too much. I like the people I watch on there, whether its for news (Sxephil), gossip (Sweetaddictionstv, TheSkorpionShow), or just for laughs period (ItsKingsleyBitch, Bee318ti, MuchLoveFromKY, JennaMarbles, etc.), I love me some Youtube.

ItsKingsleyBitch, or Kingsley for short, is doing the things, events, or people that were overexposed the most this year. Last year he did something similar, and Justin Beiber came in the #1 spot for the person most overexposed in 2010. So, since 2011 is now coming to a close, I decided I would hop on the bandwagon and release a blog post everyday commenting on what Kingsley's subscribers have said is the most overexposed thing for that day. Today, I'm starting with #10, but Kingsley has 2 previous videos chronicling numbers 12 and 11. So here we go!!! {I'm super excited! =) }

OVEREXPOSED NO. 10
BEYONCE

Now, I love me some Beyonce, and I really don't think she was too overexposed this year when she released her album like she was when  I Am...Sasha Fierce came out. (Single ladies anyone?) But, I guess I could see how she has been overexposed. First, she's been on break forever, and all of her fans have been waiting for her comeback album, myself included. (But, I'll get back to the album later) So earlier this year, Beyonce was caught up in the Gaddafi drama, with accepting money from his son to perform at private birthday parties and such. Now, I really don't think that her doing a performance for Gaddafi, seeing as though our government has been in talks with Gaddafi on a friendly level before, needs to be a story on CNN, but I guess.

Then her first single "Run the World (Girls)" leaked, and I was not happy with what I heard. Many weren't. It seemed like a song that Willow Smith would sing, not a woman who is almost 30. But, the video made me change my mind, and the song started to grow on me. "Run the World" was not a success on the Billboard charts, not even making it in the top 10, when people like Rihanna (Who have shitty songs. Let's be real.) make it in the top 10 everytime they release a single. People were beginning to speculate that maybe Beyonce's time was over, and that she really needed to sit her a$$ down and give Jay-Z some babies before he rots to death.

She perfomed everywhere this year. Oprah's final show, the Billboard awards (and was the best performance of the night), Good Morning America, Glastonbury, everywhere.Then, her entire album leaks. ( I didn't pay for the album either, but whatever.) The entire album. UGH...another way to mess up her era this time around.  But the album was really good. Surprisingly enough, because I didn't like the singles she came out with (Run the World, 1+1). I think its one of her best, so listen to it if you haven't already. I really think its one of the best albums of the year. (Kinda mad that the Grammy's didn't give her any nominations for that album AT ALL. I Am...Sasha Fierce was shitty compared to this album and this album gets NO nominations. *Forever side eye at the Grammy's*)

Beyonce all of a sudden starts releasing videos left and right: Countdown, Love On Top, 1+1, Best Thing I Never Had, Party, End of Time, and Dance for You. I'm secretly thinking "B...are you just releasing these videos to get your buzz up on this album? I mean it did good, not a good as Lady Gaga, but you sold more than Rihanna, so that does it for me."

Then, the coup de grĂ¢ce, Beyonce performs at the MTV VMAs. She did Love On Top, and I thought, "Okay...that suit is going to come off and she is going to KILL Run the World." But no, she sings the entire song, which she did good, and right before the end of the performance I was like, "Is that it? Damn B..."

BUT THEN SHE HIT ME WITH THE MORTAL KOMBAT "FINISH HIM" TYPE MOVE. She opened up her coat and showed that she was pregnant. Yep. Pregnant. I was literally jumping up and down for joy, ran to get my computer and checked to see if it was true. And sure enough, Beyonce was preggers, a lot more than I thought actually, probably around 4 months. Twitter and Facebook blew up with the news of her pregnancy, and she's been all over the blogs strutting her baby bump. Beyonce's baby bump-gate became topic, when in an interview, it looked like her stomach deflated (To some people who have too much time on their hands. Like why are you so worried about what's going on in her uterus?) and many questioned if her baby bump was real. AND DAMNIT IT IS. Jeez.

 So whether it was the many road bumps it took to get that album out, 50,000 video releases, performances everywhere, or even a new baby, Beyonce has been all over the damn place this year.


Overexposed #10.......Beyonce.

No comments:

Post a Comment